by vasvari • Uploaded: Apr. 25 '19
Logo design for a not-for-profit organization company, in United States.
"We are a not-for-profit organization and we work with the most impoverished communities in many countries. Right now we work in Haiti. We focus on economic growth, social services (quality of life) while respecting and protecting nature. So economy; ecology and people working together to achieve our common goal: to create real opportunities for our partner-communities to lift themselves out of poverty and become autonomous and self-reliant.
What we do:
1) We believe in the indomitable human spirit and potential; everyone can succeed if given a chance, an opportunity, and the right tools.
2) We work with individuals, families communities and regions who suffer from deeply entrenched poverty, who are forgotten and who, despite all the difficulties, have the courage to live.
3) We learn from them about their lives, their work, what the want, and what they need. We respond to their needs and then we also show them what is possible, things they may not have been exposed to or thought that it was beyond their reach. We make it possible, we put them in their reach.
4) Right now we work with very poor farmers who live up high in the mountains. They are very isolated, they have no water, but they still grow vegetables, sugar canes, and herbs. We asked them what they wanted: they said, they want to continue working on their small plot of land, but earn more money and have more security.
5) We listened to them and built a comprehensive program: we are training them in better agricultural methods, and we are also training them in the concepts and practice of agricultural cooperatives. They don't know about cooperatives, but they will when we finish our training.
6) Then, we will work with them and support them in creating an agricultural cooperative and we will run it with them. When they are well trained and able to manage by themselves, we will give them the cooperative and it will be theirs. So they will have their own support system; they will not have to wait for the government to help them, because the government promises a lot but delivers very little. Now they will become autonomous and self-reliant.
7) We will also build rainwater harvesting systems so they can have water and so the children can go to school instead of going very far to get water.
8) We will provide access to healthcare, education (we already support one school) etc.
So they will earn more money, they will have their own support structure, and their lives will be better and healthier.
We also insist that everything we do is sustainable and so we are very protective and respectful of Nature. And every organization or committee we create with them
must have 50% of women in a leadership position and 10% of leaders must be under 30 years old - to have women's equality and train future leaders.
Our work is not easy, but we are passionate about it and see every problem as an opportunity to do things better.
To summarize, we have three things:
people, nature, work - and they become beautiful communities.
I think we have the passion and spirit to make people soar and to protect Nature.
I hope I di not confuse you with all these details. Whatever you will do, I would like to have something uplifting, simple, beautiful and unique. I love when you use
positive and negative spaces. My favorite is the bird because it soars. Also, it is illuminated from within.
I'm very excited to work with you - thank you for this opportunity."
As seen on: http://ecoworksinternational.org
Status: Client work
Tags: icon • logoinspirations • health • nature