7752

fly on the wall

by designabot • Uploaded: May. 21 '09
Gallerized Jan. '10 301f5774e2f40dfcb78fb6b76223b062.png
11678

Status: Just for fun

Commenting: Actively seeking critiques

Tags: designbrandinglogo

More from this user:

cerise said on May. 21 '09

Well done

designabot said on May. 21 '09

holy cow cerise! i only posted this about 4 seconds ago and already a comment!
thank you : )

gyui said on May. 22 '09

i love the composition and the mark, but i read "on the fly wall"

rudy hurtado said on May. 22 '09

Being an AC-DC freak, I love the name, and maybe because of that I read it properly, well done, makes it a simply strong Brand!, I could see it in applications in my head already.

designabot said on May. 22 '09

thanks guys for the remarks. Much appreciated.
I played around a little with the type and ended up with the above result. This format just seemed to sit correctly and was most visually appealing.


shaneg said on May. 22 '09

love it! but I read "on the fly wall." However the imagery combined with the fact that everyone has heard of the say, "fly on the wall" it still works, because I wasn't confused, I knew EXACTLY what it said before I even read it.

logomotive said on May. 22 '09

simple yet too cool.

myco said on May. 22 '09

I'm with shaneg: I read it clearly without thinking about it.

mentelibre1 said on May. 23 '09

WOW, EXCELENTE

designabot said on May. 30 '09

once again thank you all

tass said on Jun. 04 '09

i read it also as on the fly wall, but it's quite nice and clever.

designabot said on Jun. 07 '09

this design was a bit of a test of perception. From all the people who have seen it I would say about 60% read it as 'fly on the wall'. The other 40% as 'on the fly wall'. I found it interesting anyway thanks for all the floats : )

hitbyreindeer said on Aug. 26 '09

i read "fly on the wall" and like it a lot, cheers! :)

charcoal said on Sep. 20 '09

This is great - and by the way I read fly on the wall.

milou said on Jan. 05 '10

he's human anthony!

esotericsean said on Jan. 05 '10

On the fly wall. Hehe, amazing though.

Spavvic said on Jan. 06 '10

"on the fly wall"

but really nice )

mattaebersold said on Jan. 06 '10

Awesome concept! Love the visuals here

carl231181 said on Jan. 08 '10

I personally love the concept%u2026 BUT

It DOES read as "on the fly wall". Could a simple shift of font weight make this read correctly?, for example%u2026

A heavier use of font on 'fly' and a lighter use on the rest? Worth a try?

rambal said on Jan. 11 '10

It took long time to be here..
Nice one. Love it..

simien said on Jan. 12 '10

I like it a lot. I just wonder how it would be incorporated in different media... print, web, business cards.... It has that vertical line that I see as a potential issue.

bug studios said on Feb. 14 '10

amazing!! great job!

DavePrindle said on Apr. 27 '10

Really awesome!

dcyr said on May. 28 '10

great concept, but at first I read it as "on the fly wall" not "fly on the wall"

whoswho said on Jan. 23 '12

cute

shinobi said on Dec. 28 '12

super

Please login/register to make a comment, registration is easy,

Logopond Book V1 - On Sale Now


THE BOOKS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!